Holland America Line has opened bookings for 128-day 2022 Grand World Voyage and its 71 days 2021 Grand Africa Voyage. Both itineraries are roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Departing aboard the Zaandam on October 10, 2021, the Grand Africa Voyage will circle the continent clockwise and features more than a dozen safari experiences and wildlife encounters.
Highlights of the trip include:
- 18 African calls, with additional visits to San Juan, Puerto Rico; Funchal, Madeira; Crete, Greece; and Aqaba, Jordan.
- Overnight stays at Aqaba; Mahe, Seychelles; Zanzibar, Tanzania; and Cape Town, South Africa.
- Late-night departures at Crete; Safaga, Egypt; Richards Bay and Cape Town, South Africa; Walvis Bay, Namibia; and San Juan.
- Wildlife opportunities at Jozani Forest Reserve, Lokobe National Park, Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve, Aqulia Game Reserve, Abuko Nature Reserve, Bandia Wildlife Reserve and more.
Prices begin at $11,799 per person for an inside cabin, with Vista Suites starting at $25, 599.
After crossing the Atlantic, the Zaandam will sail through the Meditteranean and down the Suez Canal before circling Africa.
Grand World Voyage: Four continents and 50 ports of call
Holland America 2022 Grand World Voyage will also sail aboard the Zaandam, departing westward on a 128-day journey from Fort Lauderdale, January 3, 2022.
Highlights of the 2022 Grand World Voyage include:
- Fifty ports of call in 27 countries, territories, and island nations across four continents.
- Overnight calls at nine ports, including Tokyo and Kobe (Osaka), Japan; Xingang (Beijing), Shanghai and Hong Kong, China; Singapore; Mumbai (Bombay), India; Aqaba, Jordan; and Istanbul, Turkey.
- Late-night departures at 10 ports, including Hilo, Hawaii; Naha, Okinawa, Japan; Da Nang, Vietnam; Colombo, Sri Lanka; Dubai and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; Aqaba; Ashdod (Jerusalem) and Haifa (Nazareth), Israel; and Mykonos, Greece.
- Scenic cruising in the Amazon River, Kanmon Strait, and Dardanelles; transits of the Panama and Suez canals.
- Two equator crossings on one crossing of the International Date Line.
The Zandaam will circumnavigate the globe, from the Amazon through Asia.
Prices for inside cabins start at $22, 899 per person, with Vista Suites from $48,499.
Holland American is offering amenities valued at up to $6,760 per person for guests who book the full 128-day Grand World Voyage by June 1, 2021, and 3% savings off the cruise-only fare for bookings made by June 1.
The 780-foot Zandaam has a capacity of 1,432 passengers and 607 crew.