Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings today announced an extension of its suspension of global cruise voyages to include all voyages embarking between November 1 through November 30, 2020 for its three cruise brands.
The Company operates the Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands.
In a press release, Norwegian said it would continue to work in tandem with global government and public health authorities and its Healthy Sail Panel expert advisors to take all necessary measures to protect its guests, crew and the communities visited.
Last week, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed it had renewed its ‘No-Sail Order’ through October 31, following reports that the White House Coronavirus Task Force had overruled a longer extension running into next year.
Following the CDC’s decision last week, Carnival Cruise Line said the following day that it has cancelled cruises from all U.S. home ports except Miami and Port Canaveral for November and December 2020.
Carnival said operations from Miami and Port Canaveral in November and December were still not certain, but that it would focus its initial return to service from those two homeports, whenever that might occur.
Carnival’s Chief Operating Officer Neil Palomba, former president of Carnival’s Italian brand Costa Cruises, said the company would adopt similar health and safety measures by Costa to successfully resume operations in Italy.
“Carnival’s highest responsibility and top priorities are compliance, protecting the environment, and the health, safety and well-being of guests and our crew members and the communities we visit,” Palomba said.
“At Carnival Cruise Line, for our return to service in North America and Australia, we will be employing similar rigorous health and learning and safety standards (to Costa),” he added.