Luxury ocean cruise line, Regent Sevens Seas said it had shattered its previous world cruise opening day booking record, with reservations for its 2023 World Cruise doubling the previous record set by the 2022 World Cruise.
Regent Seven Seas said in a press release that the waitlist was the longest for a world cruise in its history, despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic which has shut down all cruise sailings out of North America for the past six months. The company said all Penthouse Suites and above had sold out within hours after sales opened on September 23.
“Our world cruises are always highly anticipated, and I am delighted with the response to our latest global voyage, especially considering the unprecedented public health challenges we are currently navigating,” stated Regent Seven Seas Cruises President and CEO Jason Montague “This record-breaking 2023 World Cruise launch day demonstrates people’s willingness to take long cruises to exotic lands and the substantial appetite for luxury travel our guests have and it is a testament to the unrivalled Regent experience that our outstanding crew have perfected.”
Regent Sevens Seas world cruise 2023 longest cruise since 2011
Regent Sevens Seas 2023 World Cruise is the line’s longest since 2011 and will explore South America, South Pacific Islands, Australia, Southeast Asia, the Indian subcontinent, the Middle East, Africa and Spain on a 143-night voyage across 72 ports of call.
The journey is scheduled to span six continents after departing from Miami, Florida on January 7, 2023 before arriving in Barcelona, Spain nearly five months later on May 30, 2023.
World cruise 2023 itinerary
The journey, titled “Beyond the Horizon,” will take place aboard the Seven Seas Mariner, which was the first all-suite, all-balcony ship in the world.
In total, the Seven Seas Mariner will sail 38,279 nautical miles, including a full transit of the Panama Canal and the navigation of three oceans, 14 seas, straits, gulfs, bays and channels. The ship, which carries 700 guests and 445 crew members, will stop in 42 countries with access to 48 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Regent has designed 14 bespoke optional overland programs. Highlights include exploring the wonders of the Galapagos Islands, unlocking the mysteries of Machu Picchu and searching for Africa’s Big Five.
Montague described the 2023 World Cruise as “one of the longest and most exciting sailings we have ever curated. “
Fares for the voyage range from $77,999 to $208,999 per guest.
For the full Regent Seven Seas 2023 World Cruise brochure click here
8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites Highlights Include:
- Baroque Churches of the Philippines from Manila, Philippines
- Complex of Hué Monuments from Hue/Da Nang (Chan May), Vietnam
- Melaka and George Town from Penang, Malaysia
- Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve from Praslin (La Digue), Seychelles
- Namib Sand Sea from Walvis Bay, Namibia
- Palmeral of Elche from Alicante, Spain
11 Overnight Stays:
- Lima (Callao), Peru
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- Bali (Benoa), Indonesia
- Hong Kong, China
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand
- Malé, Maldives
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mahé, Seychelles
- Cape Town, South Africa
14 Optional Overland Programs:
- Wild Wonders of the Galapagos — Three Nights from Manta, Ecuador
- Mysterious Machu Picchu — Two Nights from Salaverry, Peru
- Romantic Escape — One Night from Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- Koalas, Uluru and Kakadu — Four Nights from Cairns, Australia
- Reef Life and Desert Delights — Four Nights from Cairns, Australia
- Inside Angkor Wat — Two Nights from Hue/Da Nang (Chan May), Vietnam
- Khmer Kaleidoscope and Angkor Wat — Four Nights from Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand
- The Taj Mahal and Gems of Jaipur — Four Nights from Mumbai, India
- Safari Adventure: Kruger National Park — Four Nights from Maputo, Mozambique
- Leopard Mountain Safari — One Night from Maputo, Mozambique
- Wildlife and Warriors in Zululand — Four Nights from Maputo, Mozambique
- Phinda Mountain Lodge — Three Nights from Richard’s Bay, South Africa
- Big Game and Bold Wines — Three Nights from Richard’s Bay, South Africa
- Sossusvlei Desert Adventure — Two Nights from Cape Town, South Africa