Silversea Cruises has released a cinematic production presenting its new World Cruise 2023.
Titled ‘South Side Story – All the World’s A Stage’ the 26 minute production hosted by Fernando Barroso de Oliveira, Silversea Ambassador to the Venetian Society, the film was aired a virtual premiere that replaced the usual onboard launch and marked the opening of pre-sale “We are continuously seeking innovative ways to nurture our strong relations for the 2023 World Cruise
The production, which takes viewers on a virtual journey around the world that tracks the cruise can now be seen on YouTube.
>>First European Grand Voyage Part Of Silversea’s Largest-Ever Itinerary
World Cruise 2023 premiere
“We are continuously seeking innovative ways to nurture our strong relationships with our guests, Silversea’s extended family, as we await the moment in which we can be reunited aboard our ships once more,” said Silversea President and CEO Roberto Martinoli. “As is the case on board our ships, we are committed to delivering special moments that exceed our guests’ expectations and our investment in our World Cruise 2023 premiere encapsulates this commitment. I am delighted to be able to share our pioneering new product with our valued guests in such an inspiring way and I hope it goes some way in conveying the incredible range of experiences that are in store.”
Five weeks in the making, the immersive production was filmed over an entire week. It included 18 different sets—individually selected over the course of three weeks from over 3,000 options—each of which comprised various props that were displayed in front of a changing 42m2 LED backdrop. Fernando—who is, by now, no stranger to the camera—travelled with seven suitcases to accommodate his array of costumes. The team recorded more than eight hours of footage before crafting a 27-minute narrative that was designed to transport guests into featured destinations.
Silversea World Cruise 2023 include Highlights
Silversea’s World Cruise 2023, ‘South Side Story,’ will depart Sydney on January 9, 2023, arriving in Fort Lauderdale on May 28. Over 139 nights, the Silver Shadow will cross five continents, taking in 34 countries, with 20 overnight calls in 17 cities.
Highlights of the Silversea World Cruise 2023 include:
- An in-depth exploration of the natural history of Tasmania and New Zealand;
- A deep discovery of Melanesia’s lesser-travelled coasts, including Papua New Guinea for the first time on a Silversea World Cruise;
- An immersion into Southeast Asia’s rich, multi-layered culture and traditions, with overnights in iconic cities such as Hong Kong, Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City;
- Time spent in the Gulf of Bengal and the Indian Ocean, including opportunities to explore deeper inland;
- A three-day exploration of Madagascar, with new calls in Mauritius and Réunion;
- A seven-day discovery of the West Coast of Africa, starting with South Africa;
- An immersive trip into the Amazon River for the first time on a World Cruise;
- And new experiences in the Caribbean, with all-new calls in destinations like Ile Royale and Mayreau, among others.
>>Saudi Arabia To Launch Red Sea Cruises Aboard Silversea’s Silver Spirit