Buying a drone? A 4 minute must read to make the right decision
There are hardly a handful of people who don’t like drones. Everyone else is crazy about them, and rightfully so. Drones are an amazing example of technological innovation and they have become an indispensable part of filmography, photography as well as security.
Since there is so much rage about drones and quadcopters, I’m sure you’ve considered buying one as well. But here comes a conundrum. How will you pick a drone for yourself? There are so many models in the market, so making the right decision becomes pretty tough.
Well, that’s why we’re here. We’ve created a list of the main factors that you must consider before buying a drone for yourself. So, without further ado, scroll down to know what we have suggested. For even more reviews and guides, you can even check out Aero Fly Drones
Factors You Must Consider Before Buying A Drone
- Purpose – The first thing that you need to consider before you purchase a drone for yourself is “Why Am I Buying It?” For instance, if you’re buying a drone for the purposes of filming, then you need to buy a drone with high camera quality or one that is sturdy and strong enough to carry a Go-Pro. The reason why thinking about the purpose is important is because it will determine the kind of features you’ll look for, later on. In fact, if you go into a store, the first thing that the salesman will ask you is what you need it for. So make sure to give yourself some food for thought and think about the various uses you’ll have for the drone you buy.
- DIY or readymade – Another important aspect that you must consider is whether you want your drone pre-built or whether you’d like to assemble it yourself. So, as you might already know, DIY means Do It Yourself and it implies those drones which you are required to build and assemble on your own. On the other hand, readymade drones are ones that come reassembled and all you have to do is charge it and manage the controls. Now, generally, DIY drones tend to have more area for customization. But if you’re a beginner, a Ready To Fly (RTF) drone should be your choice, since assembling a drone if you’re not experienced is quite a challenging task.
- Flight Time – Flight Time refers to the amount of time that the drone will remain in the air, after one full charge. The average flight time of a drone is anywhere between 11-18 minutes. However, newer and more powerful drones can last for up to 22 minutes in the air. The flight time is important because it determines how long you’ll be able to work with your gadget uninterrupted. For instance, if you need to film for a long period of time or you need to take a lengthy shot, you need a drone with a high flight time because only then you will be able to bring your work to fruition. This is also applicable if you’re in a situation where you can’t charge your gadget mid-way.
- Durability – There is no question about durability when it comes to talking about drones. Regardless of how hard you try to keep your drone in the air, there are times when your drone will take a hard crash. This may be because of harsh weather, strong winds, mechanic failure, etc. So you need to make sure that your drone is durable and strong to withstand such falls. Now, although there isn’t a sure-shot way of ensuring how well a drone can take a hit, you can judge by reading reviews and taking a look through the materials that it is made of. Even the brand matters here. So usually, a well-established brand’s drone will automatically be durable and strong.
- Price – Another crucial feature that you must always remember is the price, or more importantly if the price of the drone fits your budget or not. Now, drones are a bit expensive, there’s no doubt about that. But it doesn’t mean that buying a drone means emptying out your savings. Make sure that whichever model you choose fits your needs as well as your budget. There is definitely no upside to buying the most expensive model you can find. Especially not if you’re a beginner. With the growth of the market, there are numerous great models out there made by established brands as well as up and coming ones. Most of these models are affordably priced. So you can find exactly what you’re looking for, without a doubt.