Traveling with your family means quality time spent together and memories that will last a lifetime and this can be experienced through private jet booking from Jetlevel Aviation. Luckily, Aspen is the perfect place to bring your loved ones. This mountain town offers plenty of activities for all ages, so everyone in your group will have a great time.
Here are the top 10 most popular Aspen attractions for families:
Take a scenic ride up Aspen Mountain in the Silver Queen Gondola. This is a great way to see the beautiful surroundings and get some fresh air. This stunning spot is perfect for photos, so make sure to bring your camera. Your kids will love the gondola ride and the chance to explore the mountain. Feeling free yet?
The Aspen Music Festival and School is the perfect place for your family if you love music. This world-renowned event features performances by top orchestras, soloists, and chamber music groups. There are also plenty of educational opportunities, like instrument demonstrations and workshops. The festival takes place over a few weeks in the summer, so you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy it.
Snowmass is another great ski area for families. It offers over 3,000 acres of skiable terrain, so there’s plenty of room to explore. Snowmass is larger than our three other mountains put together. It offers thrilling steeps, delightful glades, and an endless supply of bumps, jumps, and groomers. You’ll find it a challenge to ski the whole mountain in one week—or even one season!
The Elk Camp Gondola takes you to the top of Snowmass Mountain, where you’ll find stunning views of the surrounding area. Elk Camp provides a unique dining experience with house-made, seasonal options. Relax and take in the breathtaking views at this one-of-a-kind spot.
5. Aspen Art Museum
The Aspen Art Museum is a great place to take the kids. They’ll enjoy seeing the various works of art on display, and you can even take a family-friendly tour. Some of the most popular exhibits are the Andy Warhol show and the Dale Chihuly glass sculptures. The museum also hosts many events and programs, so there’s always something new to see and do.
6. Wheeler Opera House
The Wheeler Opera House is a historic venue that offers a variety of performances. You and your family can catch a show or take a tour of this beautiful building. Many incredible voices have graced the stage of the Wheeler Opera House, so you’re sure to enjoy the experience. Kids will love the chance to see a live performance, and you’ll appreciate the historical value of this Aspen landmark.
7. John Denver Sanctuary
The John Denver Sanctuary is a must-see for any fan of the singer-songwriter. This beautiful spot is located on the banks of the Roaring Fork River and features a bronze statue of Denver. The sanctuary is also a great place to take a peaceful walk and enjoy the scenery. Be sure to bring your camera to capture the stunning views.
8. Maroon Bells
The Maroon Bells are two of the most photographed mountains in North America. They’re beautiful to look at, and you can even hike to the top if you’re feeling adventurous. You don’t have to be a climber to enjoy this spot—the views from the Maroon Bells Scenic Area are breathtaking.
9. Whitewater Rafting
If you’re looking for an adrenaline-pumping activity, whitewater rafting is perfect for your family. Many different companies offer tours, so you can choose the one that best suits your skill level. You’ll enjoy the thrills and excitement of rafting down the river, and your kids will love the adventure. Where? You have a few options, among which the most popular are the Shoshone rapids on the Colorado River and the Animas River.
10. Aspen Recreation Center
The Aspen Recreation Center is a great place to take the family. An indoor pool, a weight room, and plenty of other activities keep everyone entertained. Some of the most popular attractions at the rec center are the rock-climbing wall, the basketball courts, and the racquetball courts. You can also sign up for classes like yoga or Pilates. The Aspen Recreation Center is a great spot to enjoy some quality family time.
No matter what your interests are, you’ll find something to love in Aspen. This mountain town is the perfect place to create lasting memories with your loved ones. But we know that organizing a family-friendly vacation can be quite a challenge. So, here are our top tips to make sure your trip is enjoyable for everyone:
- Choose the right accommodations – When planning a vacation, it’s important to find accommodations that suit your needs. If you have young kids, look for a hotel that offers babysitting services or a kid’s club. If you’re traveling with teens, look for hotels with great amenities, like a pool or a game room. And if you’re looking for a romantic getaway, consider booking a condo or a villa.
- Don’t overschedule – Having some downtime on vacation is important. Otherwise, you’ll just end up feeling stressed and overwhelmed. So, don’t try to pack too much into your trip. Choose a few activities that everyone will enjoy, and leave some free time in your schedule to relax.
- Be flexible – Things will undoubtedly go wrong on vacation. So, it’s important to be flexible and go with the flow. If a restaurant is closed or an activity is canceled, don’t let it ruin your trip. Just roll with the punches and find something else to do.
- Have realistic expectations – Don’t expect your vacation to be perfect. Things will go wrong, and that’s just part of travel. As long as you’re prepared for the occasional mishap, you’ll be able to enjoy your trip—no matter what happens.
- Consider booking a local car service in Aspen to make getting around town a breeze.
We hope these tips help you plan the perfect family-friendly vacation to Aspen. And remember to have fun, relax, and go with the flow. With a little planning and a positive attitude, you’re sure to create some amazing memories with your loved ones.