New York is the largest city in the United States and one of the world’s most important, influential, and powerful cities. The city has a population of 8.6 million people with 8 million people living in Manhattan alone. The city is home to a diverse population that includes people from all over the world and all walks of life. New York City is made up of five boroughs:
- Staten Island
Each borough has its own unique culture and identity that makes it stand out from other parts of New York City.
Choosing to visit New York is a great idea that concludes with an amazing trip and unique experience that most people are looking for. From day to day, travelers are looking for the best accommodations and places to enjoy their vacations to the maximum. The best time to pick a vacation in New York can help you meet your expectations and goals for an unforgettable trip. In this guide, I will help you choose the best New York accommodations for an unforgettable trip.
Let’s get right into it.
Table of Contents
What are the best accommodations in New York?
New York is a very diverse city with a lot to offer, so the best way to find the perfect hotel for you is by knowing what you want and what you will be doing.
This section will cover the best New York accommodations, as well as some of their benefits and drawbacks.
The first type of accommodation in New York City is Airbnb. Airbnb is a service that allows people to rent out their homes or apartments to travelers, which provides travelers with more options for accommodations than hotels do. The downside of this type of accommodation is that it can be difficult to know whether or not the house or apartment has any safety concerns before arriving.
The second type of accommodation in New York City is a hostel. Hostels are cheap hotels where many people share rooms and bathrooms. They are great for travelers who want to get a cheap place to stay in New York City. The downside of hostels is that they are not regulated as well as hotels.
The last but not least type which is one of the best accommodations in New York City are those in hotels. Hotels provide the most comfort and safety for travelers, as well as many amenities that you might not find at an apartment or a hostel. For research and booking try Find4stars.com.
Which is the best area in New York
If you plan to start a trip in New York as a “first-timer” you should go to Manhattan which is the relevant part of NYC for tourists, especially for those that are traveling in NYC for the first time.
Below you can see how Manhattan is divided and have a better overview of this magnific district. Also in this article, we will discuss more about these 3 neighbors.
What are the nest New York accommodations for Midtown?
If you are looking for a more residential area, Manhattan is the best place to stay. If you would like to be close to all the attractions in Manhattan, then Midtown is the best option. New York’s most densely populated borough, Manhattan is home to some of the world’s most iconic sites and attractions like Times Square and Broadway. There are also many residential options, from small studio apartments to luxurious penthouses.
Luxury Hotels (up to 900$) :
- Hotel Indigo – My number one and special one. A luxury hotel in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It has a classic and modern feel that is perfect for the traveler who appreciates comfort and convenience. It has an impressive location in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, just steps from bustling Columbus Circle and Fifth Avenue shopping. The hotel features 181 luxurious guest rooms, many with views of Central Park, as well as two on-site restaurants, a fitness center, and a rooftop terrace with panoramic city views.
- The Waldorf Astoria – It was the first hotel and tallest building in the world to be built on a double lot and it has been called the “Cathedral of Commerce” by author Edith Wharton.
Budget hotels ( 150$ – 250$ ):
- Times Square Suites – this hotel is located on 7th Avenue and has a price range of $150-$200 per night. It has a variety of amenities including free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, an indoor pool, and an on-site restaurant.
- Seton Hotel – is one of the most luxurious hotels in Manhattan. It boasts a stunning rooftop pool, a restaurant with an award-winning chef, and an art collection by Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein, and Jean-Michel Basquiat. With its location in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, this hotel is perfect for business travelers who need to be close to their clients or for visiting tourists who want to explore the city’s best attractions.
What are the best New York accommodations for Greenwich Village?
Greenwich Village is a neighborhood in Manhattan, New York City. It is known for its historic architecture, diverse population, artistic community, and many cultural institutions. The neighborhood has long been a haven for artists and intellectuals. It is known for its diverse population, artistic community, and many cultural institutions.
Luxury hotels (Up to 200$ – 300$) :
- The Bowery House Hotel – has a 4-star rating on TripAdvisor and offers luxury accommodations with a European flair. Guests can enjoy their time at this hotel by taking advantage of their excellent spa services or by simply relaxing on one of their many terraces.
- The Greenwich Hotel – has a 5-star rating on TripAdvisor and offers luxury accommodations with an old-world charm. Guests can enjoy all of the amenities offered at this hotel, or they can explore the nearby neighborhoods like SoHo or Chelsea for more shopping options.
Budget Hotels ( 100$ – 200$ )
- Chelsea Pines Inn – is a hotel that is located in the city of Chelsea. The hotel was built in the late 1800s, and it has been operating for more than 100 years. The hotel has many amenities that are available for guests to enjoy, such as a fitness center, an indoor pool, and a restaurant.
- Leo House – Leo House offers three different types of rooms: Deluxe Rooms, Junior Suites, and Executive Suites. All rooms are decorated with designer furniture and offer views of New York’s skyline or Central Park. The Executive Suites have a separate living room area, as well as their private terrace which offers stunning views of Manhattan.
What are the best New York accommodations for Lower East Side and SoHo?
The Lower East Side and SoHo are two neighborhoods in Manhattan that are known for their trendy restaurants, shops, and art galleries.
Lower East Side is a neighborhood in the southeast corner of Manhattan. It is bounded by Houston Street to the south, the Bowery to the west, 14th Street to the north, and Canal Street to the east. The neighborhood is traditionally known for its immigrant history and high-density housing.
SoHo is a neighborhood in Manhattan that has been known as an arts district since the 1960s when artists began moving there. The name “SoHo” comes from “SOuth of Houston Street”.
Luxury Hotels ( Up to 250$ – 350$) :
- Crosby Street – This is the perfect place for creatives who want to explore New York City but also need to get some work done. The Crosby Street hotel has a very spacious room with all the amenities you would expect from a modern, high-end boutique hotel. The Crosby Street Hotel offers a variety of services for its guests including complimentary Wi-Fi, concierge service, and access to the Crosby Bar which serves cocktails and small plates from 5 pm until late at night.
- CitizenM New York Bowery – is the first luxury hotel in the United States that has a robot on staff. The robot, called “Coco”, is a friendly concierge who helps guests with questions, finding their way around and even making reservations. The use of “Coco” is not as uncommon as you might think. There are more than 100 hotels in Japan with robots on staff and many more internationally.
Budget Hotels ( Up to 120$ – 250$)
- Sohotel – The hotel was opened in March 2006 and it has been awarded with many prizes since then. Some of them are the “Hotel Management Magazine” award for “Best Hotel Opening Worldwide” and the “Architectural Record” award for “Best New Hotel Design Worldwide”. The Sohotel also won the “Award of Excellence” from the American Institute of Architects. The Sohotel is a five-star hotel with 264 rooms.
- The Ridge – The Ridge hotel in NY is a luxury hotel with a very high-end clientele. The Ridge is well known for its exceptional service, stunning views, and its unrivaled location. The Ridge was in a great location and the service was amazing.
More details about the best New York accommodations
New York City is a great place to visit, but it’s also a great place to live. It’s not cheap, but there are plenty of ways to save money on hotels if you know where to look.
As we covered some options where you can stay when you arrived in New York let’s dive into another topic and see what you should know about the hotels and what are my suggestions for you.
- The first thing that you should know about hotels in NYC is that they charge taxes and fees on top of the room rate. These extra charges can add up quickly so be sure to ask about them when booking your room. Some hotels may even offer discounts for booking online or through third-party sites like Expedia or Hotels.com so make sure that you do your research before making any decisions.
- The rooms in New York are very small and compact, you should be aware when you start looking for a room and double-check the number of square meters if you are traveling with a lot of luggage or with the entire family.
- In general, you have to leave tips for maids ( 2$-4$)
- Be careful might places that don’t have Wi-Fi ( or don’t work ) check the comments after every booking and mark all the inconveniences that the travelers had encountered on their vacation.
- Choose wisely and book a hotel somewhere accessible by at least 2 subway lines.
Every start has to come to an end
Every journey has its own story and every story has its own passion like every beautiful love story. I hope this post will help you and guide you to achieve your expectations goal of an unforgettable and memorable adventure in New York City. From my personal experience as I said in this post my number one accommodation in New York City is definitely:
- Hotel Indigo -is the best place for a 5-star hotel in the downtown area.
And for every budget travel my suggestion would be :
- The Ridge – 4 start is a great choice if you want to stay in NYC on the budget.
Are you planning to go and visit the Big Apple soon? Please write down a comment about your experience with this amazing city and share with us your story!